Friday 1 April 2011

Isn't he luverly?

This guy kept on coming closer to inspect us.  His name is Dennis and I hear he is the proverbial old bird, supposedly about 30 years old...who knows?  He wasn't telling lol....he lives at the Presbytery at Santa Rosa, (Moruca, Guyana) and seems to be quite tame.  Very curious though, he was sneaking up behind me and when I turned around, he pretended he was sleeping lol.  I guess he would be a red-bellied macaw but how he got to be the Preacher's pet ,well, he may very well be the Teacher's pet as well, no one can say.  I have to dig into his history on my next visit.  I am sure he will still be there.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, he sure is luverly.....that bird has been there for years and years. I think I have a photo of him somewhere although it is not as clear as this one you took. Just a beautiful pix.

    ReplyDelete