Saturday 26 March 2011

Vacquero in Rupununi

There is a book by Stanley Brock called "All the Cowboys were Indians" and if I had to write a book after my recent Rupununi trip, it would be titled "All the Cowboys rode motorbikes"!!  This is the only vacquero I saw in the few days I spent in Rupununi, oh there were cowboys all right, but they either rode large motorbikes or drove large pick-ups!!   Of course, as far as I'm concerned the ultimate cowboy is still Bob Barker, my brother-in-law.  Even though he no longer competes in the Annual Rodeos at Lethem, he still sits tall(ish) in the saddle..heehee.  He did ask if we wanted him to saddle up a few horses so we could ride, but with my bad knee it would have been a sight..me climbing on to the horse LOL.   Shoot, I could barely climb into Trevor's pickup..ok so that's another story lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment