Thursday 5 May 2011

Tweeting

ok so I've joined the bandwagon - I had my Twitter account ages ago, just never used it.  Recently, since I have some time (after retirement) I decided to activate my account.  So I pulled it out of the drawer, blew the dust off of it and decided to see what the fuss was about.  There are Twitter rules I found out -  there is no law for how many people one can follow but they do monitor for aggressively following and "follow churn".  Follow churn is following and unfollowing a large number of users.  hmmmm aggressively following...this means don't stand too close behind the user lol...
".....In addition, every user can follow 2000 people total. Once you’ve followed 2000 users, there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow: this limit is different for every user and is based on your ratio of followers to following. When you hit this limit, we’ll tell you by showing an error message in your browser. You’ll need to wait until you have more followers in order to follow more users—basically, you can't follow 10,000 people if only 100 people follow you. When you reach a daily or total limit and we show you an error message, you've hit a technical limit imposed to limit egregious behavior by spam accounts and to prevent strain on the site. These are just the technical limits for your account; in addition, you are prohibited from aggressive following behaviors. These behaviors may result in account suspension, regardless of your account's technical ratio."
eeeks...all these rules...oh well since I have only 9 followers and follow 31, I think I am ok seeing that 9 is a long way off from 2000 lol...I will just plod along hopefully not breaking any rules...apparently excessive tweeting is "annoying" and "boring" and so I will try to limit to one tweet a day haha...oh please I practically have to make up stuff to tweet once a day LOL...well maybe I will get in the Twitter groove one day.  I would be just as happy reading the Tweets and not tweeting at all!!
Sometimes when I don't get my Baseball game cos I don't have Sportsnet-1,  I can read the comments on Twitter and the comments are so up-to-date, I feel as if I'm practically looking at the game on TV.  However, nothing is better than watching the game on TV or live for that matter...which reminds me, I am yet to book some Rogers Centre dates...
Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. It sounds awfully confusing...lol. Definitely not for me. You know I have the attention span of a gnat.

    gh

    ReplyDelete