Tuesday 17 May 2011

It's been a while

How time flies...as the old soap opera used to say " like sands through the hour glass..." or some such wise saying.  I have this calendar on my Blog to remind me to Blog daily but obviously it doesn't work lol.  No matter, I have been busy with other stuff - documenting some artwork for my niece in England who does the most amazing embroidery.  I can't say much as she is somewhat "internet " shy - but she has had her embroidery published as a book cover or two and that makes her pretty talented in my eyes.    Anhow, once I convince her to let me put it on the web for all to see, well that would be a major accomplishment for me lol.

It's been rainy and damp all week and part of last weekend - isn't it supposed to be spring ? At this rate, we may well head into winter without seeing summer...yikes!!!

I love the kneeling buses in Toronto - this is so the elderly or disabled can get on or off the bus without difficulty.  Yesterday I was at my doctor's appointment and the location is now in the CNIB building (Canadian Institute for the Blind) - so new location for me and getting on the bus at Davisville, I asked the bus driver if the bus went to the CNIB Building - he peered at me closely and with a twinkle in his bright blue eyes, he said don't worry I'll let you know.  I sat down and after a while he called out "CNIB" and I got up - he lowered the bus for me to get off - guess he assumed I didn't have 20-20 vision!!   He all but got up from his seat to help me down lol.  That was so sweet - makes me glad to live in this fair city.  I didn't have the heart to tell him I was only going to see my endocrinologist!!  Anyhow, when I take the bus around my area, the driver always lowers the bus for me which is great as with my gimpy knee, well Steph you know how that goes!! hahah ...Remember Guyana and the milk crate you guys got for me to stand on to get into Trev's truck ?  LOL oh it's embarassing that dang knee - example, the boat captain at Charity wanted to lift me and walk with me over the rickety stelling into the boat !! yikesss and the guy at the Savannah Inn, Lethem  - remember the chair he brought for me to step on to get into the van ?? LOL    anyhow no more is to be said about that !! lol

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear that the people you encountered on your travels treated you kindly.

    ReplyDelete